looking for Mac G4 DVD burner

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by xxgorskixx, Feb 17, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

hey guys,
    im looking for a reasonably cheap DVD burner for my Mac G4 Quiksilver (preferably under $50)
    I just need something that is somewhat quick, quiet and will be reliable. I need it to be able burn both CDs and DVDs. One last thing it would be great if it was usb connected.
    Please dont flame im new to the mac world, its my first mac and i just need some help. thanks guys

2. macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

lookie here: www.macsales.com.....owc's website ALWAYS has great selections & reasonable prices + terrific service on mac stuff.......go for any of the Pioneer drives, many of which were OEM models over the past few years, so they have the right firmware to be natively supported in OS X 10.3 & up :)

I've had 4-5 of them over the past several years in a variety of G3's G4's & G5's..... neveranottaproblemo !

3. macrumors 68040

rickvanr

In my experience, ANY name brand DVD drive purchased from anywhere will work.

Using a G4, just make sure it's an IDE model. If you want USB it's going to be more, $30-50 for a 5.25" enclosure, $20-40 for a drive

Newegg, Tigerdirect, Best Buy, etc, etc..

+1 for Pioneer

4. macrumors 68040

666sheep