Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lapinerzlouzyk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
I am looking for a game I used to play with my father. This is about 7 years ago. I can't remember the name of it to save my life. It was an adventure game, and there was a man in a snow globe who gave instructions. I can remember him screaming "I need a new battery!"

I remember it involved wandering around a sort of ghost town and finding things or building them. I remember finding something in a barrel, and having to build a raft by tying together logs with rope.

You had to pick up things and hold them, like the rope, or other object. No guns involved, though I think there was a knife.

There were no other characters.

There were many editions of the game, and I remember buying an anthology of it. If anyone has any clue what it might be, please let me know!!

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
That's Return to Zork. Except it's way older than 7 years, and there were other characters...quite a few in fact. Guess you didn't get far. ;) Though you must have seen the lighthouse keeper near the beginning. (That's OK, it's tough...I've started it about 3 times now over the years, and each time I got further, but still only about 60% or so at the most. No, I will not use hints. That totally ruins the game....)

--Eric

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.