Looking for OS 9 font, to run Oregon Trail!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jaketjakou, Oct 3, 2006.

1. jaketjakou macrumors newbie

Oct 3, 2006
    This message appears when trying to run Oregon Trail:

Unable To Locate New York 18 Font
    When launching Oregon Trail® 5 on Mac OS® X, the error message "Unable to locate New York 18 font" appears. Review the remainder of this technical note for additional information about this message.

If the Classic Environment is not installed, the font New York 18 will not be available to applications. Oregon Trail® 5 requires this font and will not launch if it is not accessible. Install the Classic Environment on affected computers to resolve this behavior.

I am unable to transfer the font from a OS 9 computer, as I do not have access to one. Is there anywhere I can download the font? Thanks for any help!!!
  2. indigoflowAS macrumors 6502

Oct 31, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Perhaps someone will be kind enought to do a spotlight search on their system and grab it for you. the iMac i'm currently on doesn't have OS9.

Anyone know if the font will have to be installed in the MacOS Classic folders? Cause in that case, Jake, it may be necessary to just install OS9 from the disks that Apple gave you with the computer.

Not any real help, but just trying to spark conversation.:eek:
  3. ehirsch macrumors newbie

Dec 31, 2007
    Same problem!

I'm having the same issue as the OP. I recently bought Oregon Trail and need New York 18 font in order to play it.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!!

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    This is a copyrighted font so no-one is going to post it here, thanks.

What's more, it will only run on an installation of Classic for which all the fonts should have been installed, and Classic only runs on PPC Macs, not Intel ones.
  5. ehirsch macrumors newbie

Dec 31, 2007
    Well that's a bummer!

Guess I'll have to give the game to my sister who has a PC. I love my Mac, but it's these simple issues that make me wonder if I made the right choice.

Thanks anyway! Happy new year!