Looking for Pro-Mac info that is not blatant propaganda

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Cecret, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Cecret macrumors member

I'm trying to convince my family to switch but cant get them to come around. They are convinced most of my arguments are just mac propaganda. Anyone know of a good reasource for positive mac info like this?

2. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

well, spend a while browsing through the forums and you'll find plenty of first hand pro-mac stuff!

I have a pc desktop and a mac laptop (g3 800 iBook, 384mb ram, combo) - i love my mac more than my XP Pro desktop and would love to switch 100% if i could afford it!

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Go somewhere thats has macs they can see and use. If you look at the total picture macs are just easier and more freindly to the non geek. The hardware is getting beat in specs alone but the software is the best. Look at itunes,imovie,iphoto etc and macs are the best. Mac publications as mac world and Macaddict are a good source of info.

4. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

The only way to convince them is to wait for the PPC970, I know lots of people that have wanted to get a Mac but when they tested them, they found them too slow, so they got a PC. The only good macs to get at the moment are the powerbooks, the other macs cant compete with PC in terms of speed.

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

What do you want the computer for? My parent's weren't too keen on getting a Mac until 1. they realized that basic home usage (word processing, e-mail, etc.,) doesn't require a superfast computer and 2. they saw all the software in person at the Apple store. My parents (who are close to being computer ludites) are now ripping and buring their own CDs, touching up and e-mailing out pix of their first grandchild, and want to start burning VHS home movies to DVD. Thank you Apple.

Current Macs are not as fast as current PCs but I think their usability (is that a word?) is much higher.

Lethal

6. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

pc's are also out-performing themselves. i.e. the speeds of pcs you can get now are really not needed! Even the latest games do not require a 3ghz processor and graphics cards you can toast bread over.

Ok they might shave the odd second off some processes but for your average home user they're really not worth the money!

macs might not beat pcs on speeds, but mac processor speeds and specs are more realist and suited to a wider range of people (IMO).

The question your family needs to ask is "do i need to render Toy Story 3 in less than a month [ahem] or do i want a machine that is easy to use, reliable, comes with all the software i need [for a home user] and isnt an eyesore [mind you, pc looks are improving]"