Looking for program to fetch Album Art

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wnameth, Nov 29, 2005.

1. wnameth macrumors 65816

wnameth

i currently have most of my music which has Album art, but i am looking for a program to automatically fetch it when new music is added or a program that will distinguish between songs that have it and songs that don't, it took me along time to get it like this, so i don't want to lose any, but does anyone know of a good program for this?

thanks

2. untamedhysteria macrumors regular

untamedhysteria

try fetchart...seems to be what you are looking for, and it's free :)

3. wnameth thread starter macrumors 65816

wnameth

thanks, it works, the only problem is when i installed it i lost all my previous album art, around 1,800 songs with it....:rolleyes:

4. Apple macrumors 6502

Apple

The program cutter has always been really good to me and you can also search amazon for smaller known bands

5. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I find using this site is better than using any program to get album art, including Clutter. I used to use Clutter, 'til someone on these forums pointed me to this site. It's an excellent resource for album art.

http://www.slothradio.com/covers/

6. native00 macrumors regular

native00

Probably a silly question, but how do you insert the album art into iTunes?

7. Sic macrumors 6502

you can just drag'n'drop it into the album art container in iTunes (edit > view album art) if you've got an album and no songs selected, and you do this, it'll update all songs in that album.

don't use fetchart, it's crap. i used it on my library and it screwed it up totally...hardly ANY of the covers are right. i'm going to just do it manually.

also, why arent people using google images for their covers? just google the album name (artist as well if you get too many/inaccurate results) and you get covers

8. Will Cheyney macrumors 6502a

Will Cheyney

9. dragula53 macrumors regular

album art

There is an itunes plug-in that will search for all of your songs with no art. combine that with ieatbrains to identify un-named songs, and use clutter to go through the songs with no art and add it.

10. Will Cheyney macrumors 6502a

Will Cheyney

11. wnameth thread starter macrumors 65816

wnameth

okay, i used it and it found numerous wrong ones and some albums have two or three wrong ones, and even if i manually drag the right one in, the old one still comes up unless i manually cycle through the different covers for each song, and then if i go to the same song again, it has changed back to the wrong cover. I deleted fetch art, and all the wrong ones are still there. HOW DO I MAUALLY DELETE THE ONES I DON'T WANT, I DO NOT WANT TO DELETE THE SONG JUST THE PARTICULAR ALBUM ART FOR IT?

thanks

12. wnameth thread starter macrumors 65816

wnameth

yea, please provide a link, also how do i manually delete the album art for individual songs/entire CD's?

13. untamedhysteria macrumors regular

untamedhysteria

sorry, didn't know it was causing probs like that...to manually delete album art, simply go into artwork under get info, select the album art, and select delete...there ya go...you can select a whole album at a time to do this too.

14. wnameth thread starter macrumors 65816

wnameth

thanks man, i just got worried because i had Rage against the machinw album art for eminem's greatest hits LOL

15. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar