Looking for some Anti-Microsoft Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by jamesmcd, Apr 30, 2006.

1. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

Hey everyone,

I am after some Anti-Microsoft games that will run on mac obviously.

I once had Xgates which was good, but are there any other decent ones you guys know about?

Cheers

2. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

No offence and not trying to be mean, but can we stop with the Microsoft Sucks thing.. It's gettin kind of old... I still like you though:) Peace!

3. grockk macrumors 6502

grockk

watch the boston 1997 keynote. Microsoft and apple are friends.

4. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

That was 1997. This is now.

And besides, Bill Gates wasn't purposely delaying his new operating system so he has time to copy all of the features from Apple's OS back then... or was he?

Daniel.

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The only one I've ever heard about is Microsoft Winblows. Long out of print, but you might be able to find a used copy somewhere.

6. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

You mean the 'now' where the transition to be mac is being helped by windows now being bootbale on new intel machines and the only one really gaining market share is microsoft!

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Nope. It's a net benefit. Apple sells more machines because people REQUIRED to use Windows for, say, work, or certain programs, can now put Windows on it. Microsoft gains market share because Windows is on it, but Apple's market share also increases because they dual boot OS X, AND because they buy Apple machines.

8. Gurutech macrumors 6502

Anti-Microsoft games?
    what the hell are those?
    gosh... does anyone here see things as anti ms and pro ms?

9. jamesmcd thread starter macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

It's just a bit of fun those type of games. Heck, I have Windows XP Pro on my iMac Intel.

Besides, here in NZ, I was hassled and poked fun at relentlessly all through my High School years for owning a macintosh. Seriously, at my last High School which was St. Kentigern College in Auckland, it was like me vs. 1200 PC users. Fortunately at University people tend to have half a brain, and I am alright.

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Sure. Monopolies are bad for everyone but the monopolist.

11. Marathon4ever macrumors regular

If you think the Microsoft Sucks thing is "getting old", then you don't understand what it means to be a Mac User.

12. Marathon4ever macrumors regular

If you are a True Mac User, then you are completely and utterly ANTI-M$ !!!!

13. ManchesterTrix macrumors 6502

Funny, I thought being a "True Mac User" was about enjoying and using Macs. I'm not sure where Microsoft factors in the equation at all. I guess if you tie your selfworth into a brand, it might, but I figure most right-thinking adults would be beyond that.

14. w00master macrumors 65816

I'm not the biggest fan of Microsoft, however the over-use of terms such as "Micro$oft," "PeeCee," etc. is just lame and immature. Also, although most of MS's software isn't very good (imho), their shining achievement is MS Excel, which imho has yet to be surpassed by anyone.

Btw, Excel was first made for the Mac.

w00master

15. Marathon4ever macrumors regular

You people just don't get it.

Microsoft isn't just the sworn enemy of Apple, they are the enemy of the entire computing world!! They destroy good companies, swallow up others and all around stiffle the creativity in the industry. In order for the computing world to improve M$ MUST BE TAKEN DOWN.

16. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Kinda-sorta. The first version of what we now know as Excel was called Microsoft Multiplan. I'm not sure if Multiplan appeared on the Mac before the PC, but I don't think so. I do know that Microsoft released versions of Multiplan for other platforms before it appeared on the Mac (the Commodore 64, for one).

17. mahashel macrumors 6502

mahashel

I bought a shareware version of monopoly for OS9 called 'Cyberopoly'. It was full of tongue-in-cheek techie humor, most of which was squarely aimed at Sir Gates and Microsoft.
    It was actually tastefully done, despite what it may sound like.
    I have no idea whatever happened to that game, post-OSX migration. Might have to look it up when I get home.

18. ManchesterTrix macrumors 6502

The doctor suggests you reduce your daily amount of melodrama.

19. ManchesterTrix macrumors 6502

I would kind of agree with you but Excel grew out of the Macintosh version of Multiplan(The only GUI version).

20. Marathon4ever macrumors regular

The doctor suggests you get some fire under your butt and help take down the worst comuter company of all time.

21. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Microsoft makes cars, buses, and/or trains?

People wonder why so many Windows users hate the Mac. In large part, it's because of people like you. If you act like a door-to-door evangelist and try to convince people that (1) your way is better and (2) they're going to hell if they don't switch, then (1) you will get sprayed with water (as my Mom did once to a guy who came to try to "save" us and wouldn't leave even when asked) and (2) people will hate you and that for which you stand.

Enough with the anti-Microsoft statements already.

22. ManchesterTrix macrumors 6502

Magitronic already went out of business, thanks.

23. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Right, sure. The first GUI spreadsheet was Multiplan for the Mac, not Excel. Presumably Excel for Windows and Mac was the next-generation of Multiplan, not an entirely new product, but I suppose only Microsoft knows that for sure.

24. Marathon4ever macrumors regular

Ha, funny. I made a typo.

Anyways, there is no such thing as too many anti-Microsoft statements. Not until they are wiped out, at least.

25. Marathon4ever macrumors regular

There is such a thing as being too nice, or too forgiving of M$, as seems to be the case in this forum for some odd reason.