Looking for some feedback on a music video I made.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by SnakeDeath, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Carl Spackler macrumors 6502

Carl Spackler

I think it's really good, the cutting goes the pace of he song nicely. Honestly, the only thing I'd change would be the shot of the flower when he says the word "flower". It broke the fourth wall for me, taking me out of the video for that one moment.

2. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Sick Dude...definitely sick. You did this by yourself? Is this your band?

3. SnakeDeath thread starter macrumors newbie

SnakeDeath

I feel that way about the flower thing too, but the lead singer insists on it.
    I got to the point where if he was happy i was happy. And yes I shot this myself (with some help from friends) with a sony vx2000 and finished it with fcp and magic bullet. Oh and yes this is my band, I'm the drummer!:)

4. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

this is a bit ironic.. i listen to electric president so im looking at radicalface.com and look at links and see julias airwave watch the video look here and see the same video. i like the video alot, and the song. Is it on iTunes yet, id buy it

5. SnakeDeath thread starter macrumors newbie

SnakeDeath

Not yet, but it will be. It's still in the works of being finished up and what not.
    I'm excited that you know of and are digging electric president. I recently started playing with them too!

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

wow, that is good. i must say, good job. and it's going to be on itunes? congrats*:cool:

7. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Wow, this was excellent, nice work! The website however could use a little work.

8. Lau Guest

I really enjoyed that, both the video and the song. Good stuff!

(I'm inclined to agree about losing the flower shot though, but no biggie)

9. Keebler macrumors 68030

ok... that is a fantastic video for someone whom i presume is not a full time videographer! great job! i thought the flower thing was fine. the only iffy comment i have is related to the black and white clips - the rest of the video is colourful....is there a purpose to the bw stuff? ie. does it hilight a part of the song? don't get me wrong...i don't think it's terrible or anything, in fact, it's still good, but my eyebrows raised on it..that's all.

Fantastic song too. great drumming btw. i also like the little guitar section after the song slows for a few seconds.. shows you're not just a band following the same beat/chorus time after time. shows diversity. something that is severly lacking in music today.

great job!

make sure to post any more when you get them going!

10. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

Nice!

That's a really good video, love the song also!
    The website is clean as well, but is there going to be a proper downloads section going up?

Great indie sound, rock on the naughties!

11. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

thats awesome. what project? electric presidenr, radical face, or a different one?

12. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

Wow that was as good as people said so.

Only CC I'd give is when you do the quick cuts to the drums at about 1:20 when you cut to the beat on your fills you are a tad off, if you could tighten that up it would be sick.

Also, I have to say I really dig your guys' sound, you sound a lot like Elefant, with a tinge of the Strokes in terms of vocal sound (if you take away the Strokes vocal distortion). (I hope you take that in a good way cause I super dig Elefant).

13. SnakeDeath thread starter macrumors newbie

SnakeDeath

Electric president.

14. SnakeDeath thread starter macrumors newbie

SnakeDeath

Yeah the download portion of the site is still in the works. We kinda rushed to get everything up and running.

15. mufflon macrumors 6502

yeah this was some really sweet song that reminds me of some of the best songs in my itunes library - I really enjoyed it :)
    Not much into music videos really, but I liked that one too.

16. kgarchar macrumors 6502

i like the video, not too much the band though

to like...killers/generic

17. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Very nice video!!

I don't know what else to say, it really had a catchy feel to it (the song)...

I'm sure you want us to critique how the actual editing was?
    Superb, awesome, something I can't do.

18. theWholeTruth macrumors member

Nice job.

If I were to work on anything it would be varying the tempo of the cuts. A common tendency for inexperienced editors is to overcut a piece. Even a music video can be overcut! For example, I felt that the scene of the singer in CU in front of a greenish background was too overdone. The scene right after with the musical bridge could have used more cutting to keep up the energy. Sometimes the music is all you need to drive the video. When you cut to every beat it starts getting a bit predictable.

It's too hard to go over in this type of setting, but being the drummer, you obviously have a great sense for rhythm. I'm sure that you know when to add fills and not...think the same way when editing...keep it up!

19. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

It does't load!?!?! And Safari is SOOOOOOOO slow whenever I open that site:confused: WTF!?!?!

20. SnakeDeath thread starter macrumors newbie

SnakeDeath

Normally i wouldn't cut so much but that was kind of the theme we were going for. We were inspired by a time lapse video we did of us recording that we never sped up and we thought it looked kind of funny how everything jumped around so much. I definately understand where you're coming from-Less is More!

21. SnakeDeath thread starter macrumors newbie

SnakeDeath

I don't know why it takes sooo long for the video to load. we're working on fixing that problem.