Looking for some LCD Displays.....

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mklos, Jan 13, 2005.

1. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

I'm looking for some widescreen displays, BESIDES Apple's displays. It can be 17-20". I am aware of Dell's 20" widescreen display so please rule that out.

Also, it needs to have the DVI interface too.

Thanks a lot!

2. gear02 macrumors member

Not to hijack your thread, but I have the Dell 20 WS display. Why don't you want that? It's pretty good.

3. mklos thread starter macrumors 68000

mklos

Because I would rather have a 17" Widescreen Display. AND...I don't want a crappy Dell product connected to my Mac. Ain't gonna happen!

4. Jalexster macrumors 6502a

It's not a Dell screen. Just a Dell-branded screen. I think Dell gets their screens from Samsung. Who also happen to make the Apple Cinema Displays, I believe. So in the end, Apple and Dell monitors are kinda the same. You may as well get a dell.

5. mklos thread starter macrumors 68000

mklos

Well it can't be the same exact screen because the specs are different. The Apple display has a wider viewing angle.

I asked this in the first place because I wanted to know some other companies that make widescreen displays with DVI Ports on them.

6. sgarringer macrumors regular

Yeah. Apple does. If you want one with the exact same specs and don't want one of the "crappy Dell ones" which in reality are quite good, get an Apple screen.

Otherwise, take some advice.

7. mklos thread starter macrumors 68000

mklos

I don't want to pay $1,000 for a screen! Thats friggin rediculous!

I wish SOOOOOOOOOOO bad that Apple would release a 17" Aluminum Widescreen display. I think it would sell real well. It would be a very good display to buy with the new Mac Mini. $499 for the Mini and $699 for the display.

I guess I'll have to settle for the *****ty Dell display.... :(