Looking for SSD/1.6GHz or HDD/1.8GHz Owners

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by arn, Feb 6, 2008.

1. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Hey...

Looking for someone with the 1.6GHz SSD or 1.8GHz HDD model of MacBook for benchmark purposes.

thanks
    arn

2. Guest

plenty of benchmarks on this forum and elsewhere on the web.

3. macrumors regular

There everywhere but not sure it matters to me

I decided to go with the 1.8Ghz with the SSD. Is it worth the extra 1300 hundred, well to me it is. I have read so many benchmark posts that it has made me slightly insane because the findings don't show much of a benefit for the 1.8Ghz model. I am not sure how the benchmarking tools work but all I can say is that I have used both models, the 1.6 with regular HD and the 1.8 with the SSD. Maybe I just want to believe what I see and that is that there is definitely a speed difference between the two models. The 1.8 just seemed so much more speedy than the 1.6 with the 1.8 PATA drive.

I guess more importantly I just felt that I would be a little more secure with the SSD than with the spinning 1.8 drive. If one is to be frugal then the 1.6 should be fine and I suppose you could save some money waiting for SSD's to drop and upgrade later. Me, I hate waiting because it seems like i will wait and wait and quiet honestly go insane reading posts about what is better and get lost in others opinions. I made my own and went all in and must say I am still happy with my purchase and have no regrets.

4. macrumors regular

he's not looking for 1.8/ssd and 1.g/hdd, he's looking for benckmarks on the non-standard configs!

5. macrumors regular

6. macrumors regular

would love to hear of these results !

(please accept the bump courtesy of me)