Looking for the app similiar to MS Office

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by randymarsh182, Jan 25, 2006.

1. randymarsh182 macrumors newbie

I find using Office Word with notebook layout is quite useful for the couple of reasons: 1.the realtime recordings which would be saved as a part of the doc. file so no extra recording applications required. 2. the recordings follow the path of note taking so it's easy to just listen to a particular part of recordings. 3. self note-levels, bullet points, and numbering work pretty well and there is no complicated or buzzard settings that users would encounter. And the layout does look like a real notebook!

For some reason, I cant take notes with Office Word and need to find anohter apps. So is there any note-taking apps containing these three features above(or even better)?

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

to be honest, i think it would be easier if you figure out how to fix your MS Office than finding an app that has the exact same features as MS Word's notebook layout.

3. randymarsh182 thread starter macrumors newbie

Indeed. But just wondering if there is an alternative way to replace Office Word. Does anyone here use other than Office Word for taking notes?

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

To be honest, I record the lecture (with permission, of course), and take notes in SubEthaEdit because there's usually at least one other Mac user in the room :) And it's most convenient to have it as a txt for me - dump it on the iPod, change font sizes/styles easily, et cetera.

SubEthaEdit is like Notepad on steroids - best for coding & taking notes in class (I'm a CS major..) and for collaborative text editing (having more than one person work on the same document at the same time) and totally free for non-profit purposes - http://codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit