Looking for the name of an old b&w adventure/rpg game

Discussion in 'Games' started by FemmeFatale, Jul 7, 2006.

1. FemmeFatale macrumors newbie

The game I'm looking for is probably about 10 years old. All I can remember is that you were a guy who woke up and found himself on a distant planet, and your mission was to find your way back to Earth. You had to solve puzzles and find items. At the end you had to solve a puzzle and figure out how to operate a spacecraft that'll fly you back to Earth. It involved text commands (Go left, look behind table, etc.) with point and click. I've been wrecking my brain trying to remember the name. I'm hoping someone remembers playing this game and can tell me what the name is. Thanks.

2. ictiosapiens macrumors regular

Is it not Space Quest???

3. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Doesn't sound like the story of any space quest I've played… but then again, it was sooo long ago ^_^

4. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I don't remember any Space Quest game involving Earth personally. Hmm... Altered Destiny? Naw, that one involved being sucked into a TV if I remember correctly.

5. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Hmm… didn't Roger Wilco once paid a visit to Sierra's headquarters? Maybe it was another game. :confused:

*sigh* I really miss those old adventure game. (Space Quest, King Quest, Monkey Island, Indiana Jones, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tantacle, Sam & Max, Full Throttle, etc…)

6. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I kinda remember that... but I don't think that was earth. If I remember correctly, he had to save the creators of the series in Part III, but they aren't from Earth they're from the Andromeda galaxy (they called themselves The Two Guys From Andromeda)

So do I... I want to try Dreamfall, but I have no PC at the moment. I was going to get Windows when I got my iMac but I'll wait to see what Crossover Office can do....

7. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

It's 10 years old and it's black and white, and has a text-based interface? Sounds a lot older than 10 years to me.

8. Agurri macrumors 6502

Agurri

Acutally, those games were released as a pack by LucasArt as. I bought it and dude, it's fun FUN FUN ! It containted like Day of the Tentacle, the curse of monkey island and LeChucks revenge, Full Throttle and more .... man those point and click games are fun.

9. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I don't remember this game at all but check out the Infocom adventure games available for free at your local Interactive Fiction Archive and see if any of the titles jog your memory. If you do find it or find another game you would like to play check out Zoom for OS X.

If you are also interested in the graphical adventures from the early 90s check out ScummVM they actually include a few graphical adventures like Beneath a Steel Sky for download. ScummVM is an amazing app and works with graphical adventures from companies including AdventureSoft (Simon the Sorcerer), Revolution (Beneath a Steel Sky), and LucasArts (Day of the Tentacle). You can find a full list of supported games here.

Sorry I couldn't help you find the game you are looking for, but hopefully those links give you some old school GO NORTH action. :D