looking for this I-Pad stand

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by linda44hotmail, Dec 12, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I saw what appeared to be a very simple to use portable I pad stand on a flight I recently took. Basically, there were three curved aluminum legs (Strips) 3 to 4 inches long & about an inch wide with rubber covering the ends of each strip. The legs were connected at the center by a pin or rod which allowed them to pivot around each other. On the side of the pin/rod housing was a logo; this logo looked like a C which had been drawn by squaring it off. Does anyone know what company this logo is for? Has anyone else seen this stand? Please advise.

2. sindekit, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012

macrumors member

Maybe this is what you're looking for?
    twelvesouth.com/products/compass/

3. macrumors G5

Macman45

Would this be the one...It's called the Coolermaster Wave stand.

Attached Files:

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

This is the one, Thank you.

5. macrumors G5

Macman45

It's made of great quality alloy...the first stand I feel confident enough to use naked...But it can also be used with a case...Best stand I've found for the ipad yet..:)

6. macrumors 65816

That coolermaster is a very nice simple stand. I may have to scoop that up. I l love the fact that I can use it with a case since its not using clamps to hold it in place.

7. Macman45, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012

macrumors G5

Macman45

Works great with a case, but I use it with the ipad naked...It really is sturdy and well made...I've paid a lot more money for far less quality...Strange that Coolermaster who are more known for their PSU's and cooling fans have started making Ipad accessories....If the make an Iphone version I'm there.

8. macrumors regular

How much did you buy yours for? I tried looking at their web but it looked like they sold their products through distributors and resellers based on my search. So I just went ahead and looked for the item on amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...onics&field-keywords=+Coolermaster+Wave+stand

9. macrumors G5

Macman45

I got mine from a site that isn't USA available ( e-buyer) on a one day deal for £12.99 which is a little cheaper than your Amazon link, but the price is about right...Well worth it In my opnion it really is as sturdy and well made as it looks.:)

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

Im very greatful to macman45 for helping me find it, I am going to order two, one for me one for the wife.

11. macrumors G5

Macman45

Your welcome, happy to help..:)

12. macrumors 65816

Yeah ditto to that, good looking out macman45. :apple: