Looking for this tool....

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by daPhil, Nov 8, 2002.

1. daPhil macrumors newbie

I have 1.5gb ram but not all apps are good at releasing it after they are done with it so after 2 days of uptime i dont have any free RAM left and i have to reboot.. Does anyone know of an app that frees up the RAM without you having to reboot? I hate reseting my uptime :)

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i thought that you had to reboot to completely clear the RAM?

i don't know of any utilities that can do this, but you could try having a look on versiontracker.com, they've got heaps of stuff, and if such a utilitiy exists then it should be there.

and if you do find something let us know, because i have 768MB RAM and the uptime is only 22 hours and i've only got 35MB of RAM left free.

good luck. :)

3. Chad4Mac macrumors 6502

"I have this friend" who wants to check his or her RAM availibility. How do I, no, I mean, how does he or she check to to see how much RAM is available?

Can't seem to locate where the utility is on OS 10.2.1? We are taking about OS X, right?

My "friend" would greatly appreciate help...

Chad

4. daPhil thread starter macrumors newbie

Tell your friend to look for "AquaMon". Its on Versiontracker. Did not find any ram-clearing tool there though... There are programs that clears the ram and even defragments it for Windoze, hope they appear for OS X too.