Looking for Unique Apple Commercial - Open Book??!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Supa_Fly, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

There is an Apple commercial - not sure if it was truely aired on TV - that I think was made in the late 80's. Specifically, some professor arriving home - more of a cottage - and puts his think binded notebook on a wood desk. Actually since it looks like his house is a cabin/cottage everything is wood. After hanging up his coat, he opens his notebook and it turns on and he voice-commands it. Several things occur, like looking up files - like Spotlight - and booking appointments. Specifically he needs to somewhat borrow research done by one of his peers in his field of teaching. His notebook does a search and finds contact information of the author, female, and asks to contact her, ok'd. Then, the notebook says "She's not at her office, would you like for me to find out where she is currently and patch you through, or leave a message" - well something like that. Either way he ends up speaking to this peer and gets authorization to list her research.

Does anyone remember this commercial. I cannot find it anywhere even on Different Districts or Redlight Runner.

Can anyone point me a link to where I might find it?! Yes it was that awesome, a true insight of the power of Apple's OS that we haven't begin to see jsut yet.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Have you checked here, specifically the "old Apple ads" page?

3. Supa_Fly thread starter macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

@Dejo, you do your insignia credit. You da man! The video is at that site. Its called Knowledge Navigator; incredible forethinking!

This is what I invision where OS X may take us or the next gen OS from Apple most certainly will. :D :eek: :cool: :D