looking for Writing Software

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GetGo, Mar 14, 2004.

1. GetGo macrumors regular

Can someone recommend a software program that help you write better. Letter writing and memo writing is what I'm looking for. I did a Google search but I'm looking for a recommendation.

2. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Get Office for Windows and have Clippy teach you, he's always eager to please!

Haha just kidding, I don't know of any software but I saw the question and couldn't help myself! :D

3. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Clippy for Word for Mac tells you how to write a letter too.

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Seriously, I don't know of any software, but the Purdue Online Writing Lab has lots of information on professional writing: resumes, cover letters, memos, general business letters, etc.

It's highly regarded by college English teachers.

5. redkore macrumors member

Do you need help with grammar, organising an argument, etc.? Or is it more just learning the "formal" structure of letters and memos?

I know you're asking about software, but books can be very useful, particularly in helping you to develop your own style rather than just manipulating existing templates. Pop into your local B&N or Borders or some other large bookstore and check out the writing section.

6. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

i would just go to the bookstore and get a book and business communication or business writing. they should contain stuff on memos, resume, passive/persuasive letter writing, and the various styles of letter writing i.e. blocked, left justified etc.