Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MicroSECONDS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
I am a general IT consultant that has been tasked with preparing an XSERVE (OSX server 10.6) web server to run WordPress and some other PHP things with specific requirements. I need to update the PHP version so that it has the mcrypt library, as well as fix MySQL, that appears to be half working. There is also an existing site that cannot be broken. Then, I need to create a sub-domain for development. Is there anybody that can help me accomplish these tasks. I atempted to do my self, but immediately broke MySQL-- thankfully I cloned the system and was able to restore.

rlkarren

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2013
For libmcrypt, I used this tutorial successfully when I was running Snow Leopard:

http://michaelgracie.com/2009/09/23/plugging-mcrypt-into-php-on-mac-os-x-snow-leopard-10-6-1/

You must have Xcode for Mac OS X 10.6 installed.

Default install of MySQL should have everything you need, if it's "half-working", you may have to rebuild.

If it were me... 1st, make sure you have a good backup, then build a test machine, configure everything as needed and when you're finished, import/copy over the existing site. Make sure everything is working and then clone it over to the original machine. Documenting everything as you go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.