Looking ot get a case for my Macbook!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by IDANNY, Dec 8, 2006.

1. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

2. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Well, before I (or everyone) jumps in, let us know how you will be using the MB. Are you a student? Do you not mind carrying a case in your hand? etc. This should help narrow it down.

3. charkshark macrumors member

charkshark

I have a sleeve I put my Macbook in, before putting it in my bookbag (I'm a student). I believe it is a Tucano SecondSkin.

4. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

it doesn't look very practical to me. I mean a briefcase solely for carrying a laptop is kinda a waste but i guess if its all you need to carry around then it should be fine.

5. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

i've heard good things about Tucano sleeves, but the site the Tucano site is in italian. Where do you get yours?

6. B-Line macrumors newbie

I'm a student as well and decided to go with the tom bin brain cell. My macbook fits inside like a glove and the quality is top notch. It is a bit larger than other options, but with the extra size comes protection. If you already have a bag, this is a good option. You wont have to worry about your computer getting smashed by your textbooks ect. :) If you need a bag to carry books as well as your computer there are better options available. I believe that a member has started a pretty comprehensive thread on this topic

7. IDANNY thread starter macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

I would rather it have a shoulder strap, it doesn't need to be able to hold anything except the computer.

8. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I really like the Waterfield Designs sleeves from www.sfbags.com. You can order with a strap if you want. I just use the sleeve and put it into whatever bag I am using -- backpack, tote bag, etc. Great customer service, too!

9. Liza macrumors newbie

I just posted this on another thread...but I love the messenger-style bag from Manhattan Portage that I carry my Macbook in. The computer sleeve is in the center of the bag, and is very well-padded. Fits my 13" MacBook perfectly, but I believe there's a larger size for MBP. What's great is that I can travel around NYC, and it doesn't look like I'm carrying a laptop. I got the black bag, but now I wish I'd gotten it in red. :cool:

http://www.manhattanportage.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=150

10. Dynatos macrumors newbie

There's an option in the upper right to choose Italian, English, or Spanish as the language for the site....

11. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak