Looking to buy a new powerbook 15 inch 1ghz

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by macer1, Jan 9, 2004.

1. macer1 macrumors newbie

are there any reasons to wait till the first month o feb or should i buy now ?

please post oppinions and such not

P.S im a gamer so the 12 inch is out of the question when im on the road. Unless they upgrade the 12 inch.

2. lind0834 macrumors regular

Can one of the Admins move this to "Buying Tips"?

3. macer1 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

IMO, these powerbooks will be around a while yet. They just can't push the G4 much higher, and I think we're looking at summer for the G5 powerbook. So I kinda doubt that they will be updated soon... just my opinion though. :)

5. macer1 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'm in total agreement with QCassidy. However, you will want to add RAM, my 1.25GHz bogs down a bit with the outdoor levels on Halo with the standard 512MB.

7. the future macrumors 6502a

You may want to consider ordering the 1.25 GHz one instead and bringing the price down by getting it with the Combodrive and a smaller 60GB HD (built to order). It won't be much more expensive than the 1 GHz model but will be considerably faster + will have an Airport Extreme card + 512 MB RAM (vs. 256 MB) + the backlit keyboard. Much better value for money IMO.

8. matthew24 macrumors 6502

matthew24

1.25Ghz. BTO the best way to go, I got one. Bought extra Ram at 3rd party. I got 1024Mb now.