looking to buy an audio interface ....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by forthebrave, Jan 22, 2005.

1. forthebrave macrumors regular

anyone know of a good audio interface?? affordable, reliable.. want to use it with GB!

2. TheBunnellFarm macrumors regular

GarageBand

My extensive search brought me to the M-Audio Solo

It is Firewire and is supposed to be the same as the $399 one the Apple site has- only with two instead of four ports I think, I am very new to this myself.

The Solo sells for $199 and is the best choice for many of us-firewire is the way to go-I am told.

My music will be vocals-guitar-keyboard(controller)

The Radium 61 by M-Audio along with the Solo-and a Rode condensor mic are my choices, I am about to order-I missed them at the Academic Super Store for $169 each-now they are $199 everywhere...

3. slyster macrumors newbie

Stay away from M-Audio!

Hi there.

My recommendation is to stay away from M-Audio. They're having some problems with their FireWire protocol. I literally fried the logic board in my G5 as well as my M-Audio FireWire 410 interface.

I since switched to an Edirol (made by Roland) FA-101 and couldn't be happier, it's super reliable and clean. I also use a Presonus tube pre-amp for voice and guitars, it really helps with the gain and warmth.

Good luck, have fun!