looking to buy an audio interface ....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by forthebrave, Jan 22, 2005.

1. forthebrave macrumors regular

Mar 3, 2004
    anyone know of a good audio interface?? affordable, reliable.. want to use it with GB!
  2. TheBunnellFarm macrumors regular

Nov 20, 2003

My extensive search brought me to the M-Audio Solo

It is Firewire and is supposed to be the same as the $399 one the Apple site has- only with two instead of four ports I think, I am very new to this myself.

The Solo sells for $199 and is the best choice for many of us-firewire is the way to go-I am told.

My music will be vocals-guitar-keyboard(controller)

The Radium 61 by M-Audio along with the Solo-and a Rode condensor mic are my choices, I am about to order-I missed them at the Academic Super Store for $169 each-now they are $199 everywhere...
  3. slyster macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2005
    Stay away from M-Audio!

Hi there.

My recommendation is to stay away from M-Audio. They're having some problems with their FireWire protocol. I literally fried the logic board in my G5 as well as my M-Audio FireWire 410 interface.

I since switched to an Edirol (made by Roland) FA-101 and couldn't be happier, it's super reliable and clean. I also use a Presonus tube pre-amp for voice and guitars, it really helps with the gain and warmth.

Good luck, have fun!