looking to buy mobile me

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by jetjaguar, Nov 4, 2010.

1. macrumors 68000

jetjaguar

im looking on amazon .. and i see 2 individual options

the new version which is $61 and the old version is $50 ?
    is there any difference ?

2. macrumors 68000

ulbador

Both should accomplish the same thing. I used the "Old Version" from Amazon to renew in October and it was the exact same as I paid 99$ for the year before renewing straight from Apple.

You would just go to www.me.com/activate and type in the code that is in the "Old Version" box.

3. macrumors regular

Try ebay... I got one on ebay (UK) for £33 (an old one too)... worked fine

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

jetjaguar

can u trust the ones u get on ebay though ?

5. macrumors 6502

Yeah, just make sure it's a reputable seller. I just got one for $50 a couple of months ago. I just made sure he had good feedback, and I looked for one that said "Sealed in box." Some people just have them email the code to them, but I don't like anyone else having the code.

6. macrumors regular

I bought from a registered business seller who sells only Apple software... He had 100% feedback and all software came in original retail box and plastic wrapped.

I asked him how he could offer the software at 25% less than retail and he said he just bought it in bulk. I presume he has minimal overheads and can just offer it at a lower markup than a high street store.

It came with a VAT receipt and everything... Just like if you bought it from an Apple store...

I've set an alarm for 6 weeks before renewal next year so I can buy another.:p