Looking to get a Black MacBook...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Stadsport, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Stadsport macrumors regular

So I'm waiting on a check (refund from my old laptop as it was under warranty when it broke), which I'll be using to buy a new laptop. I'd like to get a refurbed Black Core Duo MacBook. After being dropped in price to $999, I check the Apple Store today to see they're gone, I guess they're out of them or something. I ran by my local Apple Store (which is like 30 seconds away), mainly to ask if they sold refurbs in stores, and he informed me they sell refreshes and floor models in the store, but had just finished a sale so they currently didn't have any.
    So anyways, does anyone know whether or not the online Apple Store will be getting any more refurbed BlackBooks in, or are they gone for good? I've been eager to get one for a while.

2. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

You'll have to join in on all the joy of holiday refurb lurking, like the rest of us.

Good stuff comes and goes fast, especially this time of year.

3. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

depending on where you live this might be easier or harder. If you are by a big city apple store then you have a better shot just due to the scheer volume. I would also say look at some of the apple retailes instead of the stores, I know a lot of them buy up the store's supplies early.

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I am sure that they will get some more in, but you must keep a close eye on Apple's refurbished store. As soon as one appears, go for it- because as you have found out, it will not be there for long. :)

5. mian macrumors member

6. interlaced macrumors 6502a

interlaced

Keep checking in with your Apple Store and ask them. Since they don't have the refurbs out on the sales floor, only the employees would know what they have. Like another member mentioned, the greater likelihood that you'd come across another one soon could depend on if it's in a big city or if a lot of people go to that particular store.

7. winchest macrumors regular

Just wanted to let people know that there is a refurbished black macbook sitting on the apple website right now for 999. Enjoy!

8. winchest macrumors regular

I couldn't help myself. Just scored an employee (non-apple) discount of 100 bucks off the black macbook refurb. 899! Might mean the C2Ds are just around the corner...might not though. Happy shopping everyone!

9. GnarleyMarley macrumors 6502

GnarleyMarley

How did you manage to get a non-apple employee discount? I'd like to save $100...:D

10. Stadsport thread starter macrumors regular

Details please! A BlackBook for $899 would rock!

11. winchest macrumors regular

My company passes on a discount on Apple computers for home purchases. I have never seen a discount on refurbished machines until yesterday. It was an instant rebate for older models so I am guessing they are trying to clear inventory.

12. Rovias macrumors member

I work for Bank of America, and they do the same thing. As long as I access the Apple Store through our corporate site, I see a $100 instant rebate on the black Macbook. Other refurbs have rebates as well, but so far I have only seen it on Macbooks and MBPs.

As soon as the black ones come back into stock, I plan on ordering mine. :)

13. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

14. winchest macrumors regular

Yes the instant rebate is what I saw too. I saw it for 1 MBP 15" and 1 MBP 17" for 150 and 300 bucks, respectively then 100 bucks off the older MBs. It must be a way to clear older stock. Hopefully a black shows up for you soon, but at least you have until 12/31 for the rebate. I did not want to order mine so quickly, but I will need one come January so I just jumped at the chance when I saw it. Mine should be here next Wednesday so I am excited for that.

Good luck with your hunting. I will drop a line if I see one.

15. Rovias macrumors member

Thanks for the support. When I'm not sleeping, I refresh the page every hour or so (even while at work). Is that sad? Regardless, I'm sure they'll get more stock in before Christmas. Hope you enjoy yours!

16. winchest macrumors regular

17. winchest macrumors regular

Rovias, there is a black MacBook on the refurbished section of the Apple Store again!

18. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

Goodness... why has it been 2 years since anyone has posted on this thread?

19. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

the thread is dead. start a new one

20. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

I know. It was a joke.

21. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

Personally, I want to know if he got the Black MacBook!

22. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Huh? Where was the punchline?