Looking to maximize my computing with native Apple apps

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thejedipunk, Feb 2, 2007.

1. thejedipunk macrumors regular

thejedipunk

For the past few days, I've been toying with the idea of maximizing my computer use by using the apps that came with my Mac. I've practically neglected apps such as iDVD and iMovie (only cuz I don't have a camcorder), iWeb (since I already have a blog of sorts, but I've been thinking about dicking around with it anyway), Mail and Calendar.

However it is the latter two which has been interesting me more so than half of iLife. My current and most used email is on Yahoo! (and I'm really excited about getting my email on the iPhone), but the reason I've been thinking about switching is that with age comes wisdom and I feel as though I should have a more professional looking email address than my current Yahoo! account. I also need to get into the habit of organizing myself in regards to school.

My question/request here is, what are some of the advantages of using the desktop Mail versus my life partner on Yahoo! as well as using a pen and paper versus Calendar. Basically give me reason to migrate to these apps. What are the advantages and disadvantages between Yahoo! and Mail as well as Calendar and other organization mediums out on the Mac web or even the physical world. Are there any comparison charts already out on the web concerning this subject matter that you guys might be able to direct me to? What are the differences between .Mac mail and Mail (I have .Mac)? What about Mail syncing on the iPhone? Was that discussed as part of the iPhone introduction?

In before "THERE ARE THREADS FOR THIS ALREADY! JUST SEARCH FOR THEM!"

2. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

best advice: just try using them. i like iCal and Mail, you might not. give them each a fair chance! :)