Looks Like August 13

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by billiam0878, Jul 11, 2002.

1. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Well...since the current PowerMac display promo ends August 12th...duh!!!

What will be weird is if they announce new PowerMacs at MWNY...how the Hell would they expect to sell anything for the next month!?!?!

3. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

As much as it hurts to say it...

Aug. 13th makes sense. The Crystal Savings promo will end. They'll have Jaguar ready.

Yes, people will be disappointed at the Expo, but at least they've been warned (by Thinksecret and Cnet).

If they start shipping the new systems ON Aug. 13th AND it's a system loaded with upgrades, I'm all for it. Apple normally takes a while to ship announced systems anyways. By holding off the announcement, they'll have a month to clear inventory.

My only concern is that the Thinksecrets rumor mentioned something about 1.2 ghz being the top end. THAT would disappoint me. And a lot of other people as well, I'm sure.

4. big macrumors 65816

big

why cant we get an update for really easy networking w/a PC? either Dave or smb, though both are a little bit of a pain.

the PCs are here, we can't bury our heads in the sand and ignore 'em.

this may get more corporate clients

5. Q-bert macrumors member

Check out the various reports on Jaguar, I believe it has direct browsing of Windows networks thru the Connect to Server dialog, without typing in SMB addresses like you have to do in 10.1. It looks like there's no need for DAVE anymore...

6. billiam0878 thread starter macrumors 6502

Re: As much as it hurts to say it...

I believe the words were "PowerMacs in excess of 1.2GHz" which could either mean topping out above 1.2GHz, or beginning at 1.2 and reaching even higher. Either sounds like good news if their prediction prooves correct.

Bill

7. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

Re: Looks Like August 13

right on my birthday:D

8. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

hehe

me too Megaquad.

still i'd rather have them announce at mwny.:cool:

9. ponyboy macrumors regular

Re: As much as it hurts to say it...

I really believe apple will not make a move like this without something big up thier sleeves, they know there will be many that are disappointed, but if they can give us something big at the expo to talk about for a month it might not matter so much