Looks like the new eMac is ready to go

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by brhmac, Apr 21, 2004.

1. brhmac macrumors regular

Looks like Apple is shipping the new eMac with the SuperDrive...

Just configured on the Apple store site. On Monday, it was a 2- to 4-week timeframe.

Attached Files:

2. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Looks like you are going to have a great machine when it arrives, and you can't beat the price on it. Hope you enjoy it. :)

3. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

Are you getting one or were you merely checking?

4. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

I ordered one on April 13th & still have an est. ship date of 5/05... Truthfully I was thinking of cancelling it because I've just gotten credit from Apple for an iBook from hell, & with the quality problems rumored to be about the new eMac SD I don't think I have the patience to battle Apple again... Still thinking about it though... What do guys think about it?...

5. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

The eMac is a great solid built machine and is the most reliable Macs I have ever used. We have had ours for abour a year and it has'nt given us any problems. Enjoy. :)

6. brhmac thread starter macrumors regular

Checking it out

I was checking it out. I have an Apple store 15 minutes away and I could handle any customization (aka - extra ram), so I'd be picking it up vs. waiting anxiously for FedEx to deliver it.

Really waiting to see what is going to be done with the iMac. I want a G5, but I can't justify the price. An iMac if it gets the G5 and retains the display would be good -- but .... the eMac does everything I need - and then some - at a great price.

7. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Yeah, but the quality delay was with the new ones... I'm wondering if they actually fixed the problem they were having with the 8X DVD burner or just put a band aid on it... I'm a little nervous about dealing with Apple again with an issue regarding quality & possible problems, as I've, unfortunately, found them to be less than truthful about problems & even less helpful about solutions...

8. smharmon macrumors member

I ordered the eMac yesterday (21st) with 160 gig hd, bluetooth, and a bunch more. Called apple, and they said everything is shipping on time now, and it will go out by Wed. at the latest.