Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

147fooj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
Hi,

I am looking to develop a small app of lookup tables. I was hoping to have a roller selector with a number of selections, when you select a particular option it will load a series of unique values for that option. Again when you select the second option it will give a result unique to those two options chosen.

I have been reading up on this, and I am confused on the best way to achieve this.

I was planning to use Swift to programme, some articles I have read suggest CoreData others suggest plist.

I am confused on which way to go, can anyone offer any advice?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Either CoreData or a plist should help you achieve your goal. Each has advantages and disadvantages. Do you understand enough about both to be able to discern what those might be? Also, perhaps you should provide us a bit of background on your knowledge / experience in programming iOS apps.

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
Start here with learning iPhone Developer FAQ

You should spend some time learning the basics before starting on a project like you describe. After you learn enough you'll probably know the answers to the questions you posed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.