*LOOP HOLE* Free Findmyiphone on older hardware

Discussion in 'Apple Music, iCloud and Apple Services' started by GeekOFComedy, Nov 23, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

So for this to work you will need access to a device like the iPad or iPhone 4. So in this case I got free tracking on my moms 3G. How? On my iPad I done a add new account with her AppleID Credentials. Then it said account verified. Turn on the mobileME tracking. If you get a warning like this interferes with your MobileME subscription blah blah blah just cancel. Get out of it. Do the 4.2 update with the latest findmyiphone version on your 3G or what ever older hardware you have. Then on the 3G just add a new account and enter the credentials and bang, free Tracking on a 3G

2. macrumors 68000

That's not a loophole. Apple explicitly says you can do that.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Was there a update in the press release. As far as it says you must do the FreeFindMyiPhone on a eligible current generation iOS4.2.1 device and account

4. macrumors 68000

According to your description, you used an iPad, which is a current generation device, and afterwards, you used that account on an older device, so you did exactly what the press release said you could do.

5. macrumors newbie

lol.

6. macrumors 6502

:p Hilarious. I may have to use this as the quote in my sig. You guys are cracking me up.