Loose hinge on Powerbook fixed under warranty?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Redline13, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Redline13 macrumors 6502

Feb 20, 2004
    Hello. I purchased a refurbished 12 inch Rev. B powerbook in february. I am throughly enjoying my first mac (and this website) but I have run into a little trouble. The left hinge on the screen has become loose and wobbles a little. I am concerned that this will become a more serious problem over time. Can I have this addressed under my warranty?I am worried that apple will tell me that this is normal or some other non-sense. I have already had the screen replaced due to white spots and this was after the first powerbook that was shipped to me was DOA! Ever since the screen was replaced the hinge has creaked when the screen moves and it has starteed to loosen up so maybe the repair wasn't done right? Does anyone have any experience here?
  2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2003
    My screen creaked really bady after I first got my powerbook. But it loosened up some after I had it for a few months and now only creaks occasionally. It used to drive me nuts, and now I hardly notice it anymore.
  3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

Jul 23, 2002
    Fuquay Varina, NC
  4. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
    Or just use a screwdriver. My powerbook uses a Torx-T8, so i think the 12 would use the same.