Loose Macbook screws? (and a few other questions)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nuks, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Nuks macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2006
    On my macbook, on the left hand side, where the second screw from the front is, I'm able to push the plastic in. It's almost as if the screw is loose. Anyone else with similar experiences?

Secondly, the left hand side at the top (near the magsafe) buzzes whenever it's plugged in, unless I have the isight or my mighty mouse on. Does anyone know what Apple is doing (if anything) to remedy the problem?

Thirdly, how long does it usually take for the computer to recognize a bluetooth mighty mouse? Sometimes it's upwards of fifteen seconds for me.

Thanks for any and all help.
  2. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2006
  3. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Feb 24, 2006
    get a screwdriver and turn it to the right if you can...

haven't heard to buzzing magsafe connector

takes a ouple of seconds for me
  4. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2006
    For anyone with the buzzing magsafe, if I give Apple a call, will they do something about it? I don't live close to an Apple store, so for any warranty work, I'd have to ship it away. I don't want to unless I know they'll do something about it.

5. dreamsINdigital macrumors 6502

Sep 4, 2006
    The screws on the left side of the case serve no purpose other than for looks. It's normal that you can push it in, since they're not really screwed to anything.
  6. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2006
    Alright, thanks.
    I guess then, the only thing I have left to ask is regarding the magsafe..
  7. TheZA macrumors regular

Sep 14, 2007
    I just had to bump this. This thread is about three years old, I found it via Google, and it exactly answers the question I had.