Loose plastic on iPod nano

Discussion in 'iPod' started by furryrabidbunny, Mar 21, 2007.

1. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

I just bought an iPod Nano yesterday, and i have a question about the casing. I am normally a nitpicker, but this doesn't seem right. First off, the click wheel is loose on the ipod, are they supposed to move at all? Then the white casing on the bottom of the ipod is loose, and one area is not glued to the case.

2. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

The click wheel is just like 4 buttons hidden under a wheel. When you push on it the wheel is supposed to move in like any other kind of button. In other words, they are not touch sensitive, only the circular scrolling motion is.

As for the white casing. It is quite solid on mine, although on very close inspection I can just get my fingernail in between the plastic and the metal case but only in one spot.

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

If you just got it, exchange it. I don't know what you're talking about, but I've never seen any iPod with a lose anything.

4. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

But on that area where the gap is, is the plastic glued down like in other areas, or can your push it in and pop it out. I would get it replaced, but don't you only get a 90 day warranty on a replacement product?

5. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

There is about a half inch where it isn't glued down, that is where I can get my nail in. But if you mean the whole end piece, then no, it is quite solidly in there and I could not get it out.