Lord of the Rings Re-Release for November 5th

Discussion in 'Community' started by pimentoLoaf, Nov 4, 2002.

1. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

From the SciFi.com website, this interesting news blurb:

New Line Cinema is taking an expanded version of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring back to theaters for one night on Nov. 5 in 10 cities to promote the upcoming special-edition DVD release, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The new version will feature 30 extra minutes of footage and will screen in 10 digitally equipped theaters nationwide. The DVD comes out Nov. 12.

2. pimentoLoaf thread starter macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

And, BTW, are any of you planning to buy the 4-disc DVD package?

I am, even though I have the earlier 2-disc set.

3. bidge macrumors 6502

I definitely will be buying the 4-disc one even though I already have the first one.

4. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I had a chance to pick up the 2 disk set from a friend for a pittance, but chose to hold off for the 4 disk set.

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm waiting for the 14 disc set after the last movie makes it to DVD..... :rolleyes:

Its truly amazing how they're pushing this, I think its a little too much.

D

6. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

DukeStreet's Tar

Hey Duke--I like ya and all, but I think since you are known in this community as being a 3D guy, people might confuse your Finding Nemo Tar as some personal project you did and not Pixar's upcoming film.

At least give it credit!

;)

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: DukeStreet's Tar

ah, well, I figured it was obvious, and most people knew anyway. My sigs crowded enough as it is, and I already mentioned it in the avatar thread. I'll most likely change in a month or so - I like it, but its not the best one I've had.

D :D

8. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

9. job macrumors 68040

job

I'll probably buy the 4-disc set.

I never bought the original 2-disc set anyways.

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

The guy at my local blockbuster showed me a preview of the SE FOTR DVD, it looked awesome. I would get it if I could afford it... :D

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I have the 2 disc set, also look forward to the 4 disc DVD set. The features it includes will decide whether I purchase it or not, also cost! :)

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

It will be expensive, funny - a comercial just came on for it. LOL, weird. Lets see if it says something about price. dang, it didn't. I can bet you that it will be expensive though :( .

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

What could possibly have given you that idea? Not the fact that its got 4 DVDs, eh? It will probably go for around $50 if you're lucky. Waste of money, I think, considering when the whole set is available in another 18 months or so, it will be a much better collection. There is only so much you can take of the stuff - and I've read Tolkien's books (not just LOTR) several times, I really do like it.

D

14. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Why is there so much speculation on price. All you have to do is bring up Amazon.com. They are preselling all the special edition of LOTR right now.

Prices are as follows at Amazon.com.

The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (Platinum Series Extended Edition Collector's Gift Set) List $79.92 marked down to $59.94.

The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (Platinum Series Extended Edition) List $39.99 marked down to $25.99.

4 DVDs for $25.99 is a deal.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/104-8708789-8363162