Los Gatos, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by ntrigue, Jun 15, 2008.

1. macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Apple Store downtown Los Gatos. Never crowded so should guarantee In Stock.

2. macrumors 65816

The Cats, California? lol i didnt know such a place existed, sorry to thread jack but i thought it was funny:p

3. macrumors 65816

stagi

I might go there instead of Valley Fair, its closer to me and I bet the lines will
    be better. I always forget there is a new store there and go over to the valley store one instead.

4. thread starter macrumors 68040

ntrigue

http://www.town.los-gatos.ca.us/index.asp?NID=16

I think its more of a cougar related nomenclature. Not too far from Los Banos.

5. macrumors newbie

tmbrwlf

I'll be there all day!

I will be at the Los Gatos store all day from about 8am. Anyone on Twiiter you can follow my progress at www.twitter.com/tmbrwlf

6. macrumors 6502

I'll be there. If they launch at 6PM what time are you guys planning on lining up?

7. macrumors 6502a

I'll probably go to this one since it's closer than the one in Valley Fair.

8. macrumors newbie

I had been planning to go to the store at Westgate mall in Almaden Valley but might switch and go to Los Gatos. Now that I've found out it exists. :)

9. thread starter macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Now that 8AM is official what were some of you thinking? My friend and I are aiming for 7:45AM but I can see the first 20 happy owners driving away at 8:30AM and there being plenty of iPhones and no line.

10. RF9
    macrumors member

LOL, I was hoping everyone would forget about the LG store and head over to Oakridge or Valley Fair and I'd have it all to myself. :D
    Anyway, I like that particular store, so I'll be there too.
    I'll be wearing a Zagg invisibleshield T-Shirt, like this one:
    http://proxy.pcdn.vresp.com/88cb11b...ges/bulkycase/san_jose/images/san_jose_01.jpg

I think I might show up between 7:00am-7:30am if I can manage that.

Just for fun I'm going to post a picture of the store:
    [​IMG]

11. RF9
    macrumors member

Hmm, I always thought it was mountain lions. It's nestled in to the Santa Cruz mountains that has lots of mountain lions.

12. macrumors 6502

There are definitely a ton of mountain lions in that area. I DO NOT recommend camping out in that area around 6AM.

Make sure you come in the afternoon when it's bright out!

13. RF9
    macrumors member

Uh, yeah! Yeah! Watch out for those MAN EATING Mountain Lions! Come late
    ;)

14. macrumors 6502

I almost forgot... the Cops don't allow people in the Downtown area after midnight because it disturbs the rich.

15. macrumors 65816

stagi

I think it is more of a mountain lion ref. Also I wouldn't put Los Gatos in the same area as Los Banos, Banos is about 2 hours away and a very different city feels like another state.:D

16. macrumors regular

i'll also be at this store, since i'm guessing Valley Fair will have longer lines. See you all there.

17. macrumors newbie

If you move into town, your Bently or Ferrari waits for your pickup from the dealer down the street, and you're required to start pronouncing it "Las Gatus"...

It's where the wacky Woz house was built (wonder if it ever sold):
    http://valleywag.com/352124/wozs-house-up-for-grabs-only-7-million

18. macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

Who was there for iDay '07? Was there a long line? I'm thinking I should just drive down from Santa Cruz, since the Capitola ATT store had a very long line last year, and honestly, I'd like to show up around 7:30 am and get my phone...

19. macrumors 6502

The Los Gatos store wasn't open when the 1st iPhone launched.

I went to Valley Fair at 7PM after I was unable to secure a phone at the AT&T store on Stevens Creek & Lawrence. There were about 200 people in front of me but I got my phone after waiting for about 45 minutes. They were serving free Starbucks too :).

20. macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

what time are you planning on getting to the los gatos store?

21. macrumors 6502

I don't know. I work a normal 9-5 job during the week but I'm taking Friday off. Still I would rather just show up at 6am so that I can play around with it all day Friday instead of sleeping. We'll see though, I might show up around 3am if I decide to go without sleep.

22. macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

you gonna keep us posted on the line?

23. macrumors 6502

Yeah no problem. I'll update this thread Thursday evening.

24. macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

Do you live pretty close to the store? With the Beta 8 iPhone only finalizing about two weeks ago, and the rumors of European shortages, I think it's possible the supply may be more limited then on might think... and after being without my iphone for a week already, I have to get it friday. haha
    Any chance you'll let us know what it looks like when you show up Friday morning?

25. macrumors 6502

I live about 12 miles away.

I think Apple will have a pretty good amount of stock but I'm sure the AT&T stores will sell out within the first few hours.

I sold my iPhone 2 months ago, believe me I feel your pain. All those times I've wanted to browse the web in bed or at the bar. Major withdraws.

Yeah I'll let you know what the line is like after I do a drive by or start camping out.