Losing Connectivity RoadRunner DHCP/APX/APE Network

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ddrueckhammer, Sep 13, 2005.

1. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Hello-

Recently, I moved to a new apartment and ordered Roadrunner high speed Internet access through my cable company (Bright House) to wirelessly connect our 2 G4 powerbooks. I received and hooked up a Motorola Surfboard cable modem to my Airport Extreme using DHCP to obtain the ip address. I am using WPA2 personal for security. I tried WEP but my Internet still kept going down. I also have an airport express that I am using to extend the range of my existing airport extreme network using WDS.

I am currently losing Internet connectivity sporadically between 5 minutes and 4 hours. I don't own any cordless phones or anything that would interfere with the signal. I believe that my DHCP lease is dropping and not renewing itself even though I have it set up to automatically connect using DHCP because when I power cycle the cable modem internet connectivity is restored. My network is not going down...I always have 4 bars I just can't get out to the internet. Please help if you have any suggestions. There doesn't seem to be that much in depth help for apple tcpip problems.

Thanks in advance

2. belvdr macrumors 601

If resetting your cable modem fixes it, then your best bet would be to contact your cable company and request a new cable modem or a technician to take a look at it.

3. ddrueckhammer thread starter macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Thanks for the reply-

I have tried unplugging my airport express, turning off the firewall in our powerbooks, updating the firmware and software on our products and resetting them up and plugging directly into the cable modem. None of these things worked so I called my cable company and they are sending someone out however, when I told them that I had a Mac they inferred that this could be a problem since they only support OS 8 & 9. I really can't believe that they can't hire an IT person with cross platform experience to support OS X and Linux as well as Windows. Oh well, if I get anywhere with them I will post an update.