Losing my users

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SublimeProgie, Oct 9, 2006.

1. SublimeProgie macrumors member

SublimeProgie

OK, I work at an IT office and in the past two weeks we have had 2 people with macbooks come in and wanted password changes. I was only present for one of the resets but for the one i was there for it was done correctly as far as i can tell. It even verified that the new password was saved.

So, The problem is that in each of these cases when the owner of the computer tried to log in the password was not accepted nigh a hint wasn't even provided. When we went back in to the startup mode to try and rechange it there were no users to be found whatsoever.

I was just wondering if any of you have had a similar problem, or if you have heard of it happening. And if so was the reason it happened discovered?

Thank you for any info you can share about this.

sp

2. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Only when the user has been careless with the caps lock key either when the password was changed or when they are currently trying to log in.

3. SublimeProgie thread starter macrumors member

SublimeProgie

the problem isnt really that the password doesnt work, the problem is when we reset the password, for some reason it deletes all users are deleted. when i we went in to rechange the password thinking she maybe typed it wrong, there want a user to select.

4. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Sorry. I'm having trouble with your Montana dialect. What users are presented for you to select from then?

5. SublimeProgie thread starter macrumors member

SublimeProgie

sorry for the miss-type, there was not any users in the user selection bar. nothing was there at all. all users were deleted

sp

-and my dialect is not from this state, i was typing and working so there are a few extra things in there. sorry bout that ;)