Losing patience with new iPod and transfers

Discussion in 'iPod' started by lightning33, Aug 23, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Oct 27, 2012
    Here's is the down and dirty: I have an old (1st Gen I think) Nano. I have ALL of my music on it. I no longer have the computer I initially used it with. I have a new Nano (7th Gen). I have an iMac on which I have some music I purchased with my wife's account (it already had some money loaded on it).

I want to:

1) use MY iTunes account
    2) get the music off of my old Nano and onto my new Nano
    3) get the music from my wife's account that I bought and put it on my new Nano
    4) Use MY iTunes account from this point forth.

2. macrumors 6502

May 25, 2010
    I know this will sound like an advertisement, but it's honestly the best advice I can give you.

Use this:

To transfer all the music on it to itunes, then just transfer the music from itunes to the new nano. I have used that product before and I know that it works well, although I am unsure how much it'll do for you without a purchase of it (there is a free download/trial option so you can test it out).

You can also hunt around for another program similar to this for free, although I cannot vouch for their usability.
  3. macrumors newbie

Aug 24, 2013
    Use disk aid software to get music from you old ipod back into your system, than you can transfer it to the new one :)