Lost 4th gen white iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by masterchris, May 7, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

On January 2 2013, I lost my 4th generation white iPod Touch near the Mira Mesa public library in San Diego, CA. It is currently locked with a passcode. The lock screen is a 2013 wallpaper made out of candy canes (the numbers are made out of candy canes). It was or is in a blue Griffin Survivor Case. I lost it near Walgreens (if you are familiar with this area). Please help me...I'm only a teen and this was really my treasure. Thank you.

2. macrumors 6502a

tmanto02

I sympathise with you, however do you really think posting 5 months later on a worldwide message board will really help?

3. macrumors 6502a

Since only 5 months have passed, I'll run over and see if I can find it . . . confident you'll have it back in the next 5 months or so.

4. macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Why be such a jerk about someone's misfortune?

5. macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Stupid post.

6. macrumors member

That was majorly rude:(

7. macrumors member

Totally unnecessary - makes me wish we had a vote down button on this forum.

8. macrumors 68020

Sorry to hear but at this point it is long gone. Even with a passcode, someone would've wiped it clean. I would go purchase a new one if possible and not hold my breath.

9. macrumors 68040

Sorry. I actually found one on the floor yesterday. Still trying to locate the owner.

10. macrumors 6502a

Well do forgive ME for pointing out what all of YOU actually thought.

But don't worry, I don't expect you to admit it.

11. macrumors newbie

I guess im the only one with you. It simply is just too late. Its gone forever. (unless some miracle happens)

12. macrumors member

Ya ok you got me but you don't have to voice it out loud. Because the way you say it is like sarcasm and its pretty obvious that he really liked his iPod. Plus if you have to voice your thoughts do it in private messages

13. macrumors regular

I hope you find it.

14. macrumors member

Agreed

15. JAT
    macrumors 603

It's 4 months. What is wrong with people?

And I once lost my iPod. Found it a year later in the house. Good luck OP.

16. macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Ease up people, no need for rude obnoxious sarcastic posts. The OP is desperate. So cut out the bickering...

I hope you find your iPod OP, though, not a very good chance you will locate it, reason being it's been 4 months. Who knows, it might just pop up on your front door. :)

GL.

17. macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

We used to, it sadly got removed. Dunno why.

18. macrumors member

I agree stop being rude about other peoples misfortune

19. macrumors 65816

Troneas

because one poster elaborated on a theory to the mods that attempted to demonstrate that voting down in these forums followed no logical patterns.

the mods bought it and removed it temporarily as a trial but then decided never to bring it back again.

personally, i think it was good to have them as well - its not as if it affected your profile in any way, just individual posts.

20. macrumors 68040

People should not be rude, but this thread doesn't serve any purpose to anyone.

21. macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Thanks for the explanation! It's a shame really that they did remove downvotes.

22. macrumors 65816

Yes it sucks. Yes the truth hurts. No, the guy had no tact. No, it was indeed rude and unnecessary (poor poor internets).

But, he's 1000% RIGHT

Sadly it's probably been bought on eBay, sold on Craigslist, pawned, jailbroken AND sold again by now... 5 months is an eternity for lost/stolen goods.

Once you lose something, try as hard as you can to find it, but the sooner you can start moving on from the loss the better off you'll be.

This holds true for nearly everything lost, including things other than gadgets.

Sorry for your loss. Great news is, a nice 8GB 4G is only about 95 bucks on the bay. Might even be buying your old one back!

And this one you will be more careful with, which will be good for when you get even NICER things down the road. Losing stuff sucks, but it gets better, and STUFF is ALWAYS replaceable (most of the time even "one of a kind" stuff :)).

23. macrumors 6502

chumawumba

Did you have find my iPhone on it?