Lost Icon

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Vanilla, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

Okay so this is a very silly question I am sure, but.....

Next to the trash can there is (or more accurately in my case, was) an icon that looked like the "@" sign on top of a spring. I accidentally moved it off the dock and it duly vanished into a puff of pixellated smoke.

Thing is, I can't find the original icon anywhere to drag it back on to the dock and cannot even remember what it actually did.

Can anyone help?
    Vanilla

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

If you havn't changed that since the default install then it was a web shortcut to the Apple web site. If you never use it then it served no purpose and you can forget about it!

3. Vanilla thread starter macrumors 6502a

No I hadn't changed it (I wouldn't know how to in any event). So if its just a web shortcut then cool, at least I know it was nothing serious, so thanks for that. I am curious though, is it ANYWHERE else in the system?

Vanilla

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

As it's not an Application or a local disk, document or folder I guess not (although it's probably in the new user template somewhere).

5. Mr Poop E Pantz macrumors member

If you drag any URL from your browser into the dock, a shortcut with that icon will appear. Just do that if you want it back.