Lost In Translation

Discussion in 'Community' started by 5300cs, Dec 22, 2003.

1. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

I didn't want to hijack the 'Last Samurai' thread :) (actually want to see that movie.)

Has anyone seen 'Lost In Translation' ? I think it is one of the best movies I've ever seen, and Bill Murray was excellent.

If you've ever been to Japan, it'll be a kick, and it reminds me of when I first came here. Seeing the movie was the first time I've ever had the feeling that I had "just got here" again (seeing Tokyo through the characters eyes) so I must give the director credit :)

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

great movie for sure. i think that movies like this that are kinda character studies more than plot motivated are pretty cool... depending on how they are carried out

this movie made me think of the movie "million dollar hotel" (a very much underrated film) in that it showed a relationship develop in a pretty much entirely non sexual way... and i think that's both rare and awesome to see.

and bill murray rules.

3. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

i really enjoyed it however my peers felt that it was booring and without any story or meaning.
    i saw it a second time with my father and loved it even more

4. 5300cs thread starter macrumors 68000

5300cs

My wife didn't like it; she kept saying "So what's the point? What's the point?" and she couldn't believe that a man & woman could be friends without it degrading to a sexual encounter. It also drove her with the part where you can't hear what Murray says to her :)

I felt it was like a Woody Allen film: (of whom I'm a great fan, his 70's era movies) either you like it or you hate it.

I can't wait for the DVD, it'll make a nice addition to my collection.