Lost Keyboard Clicking on UnLocked iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by liquidlink, Mar 27, 2008.

1. macrumors member

I lost the sound of the keyboard clicking on a key press. The iPhone is unlocked with ziphone. Can someone help me restore my clicking sound I miss so much.

Thank You

2. macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Mine did the same thing...

but it's not unlocked. I just did a "hard-boot" by holding down the On/Off button and pressing the Home button until the iPhone turns on. Hasn't done it in quite awhile. :cool:

3. thread starter macrumors member

Actually lost all sounds on the iPhone. Any help would be great.

4. macrumors 6502a

plug in the headphones and unplug them again. sometimes it gets stuck

5. macrumors regular

If the headphone tip does not work,

My brother had the exact same problem. A simple restore and re-unlock will usually fix it. I don't know why, but ziphone sometimes messes up the sound. It has happened to 1 of my friends with an ipod touch also. Make sure you just restore but hit refurbish in ziphone first so you don't brick your phone!

Post back to let me know how it all goes.

jk111

6. thread starter macrumors member

Multiply Hard Reset restored the sounds. Not sure why this happened but all is good now.

7. macrumors newbie

keyboard clicking solution

if that doesnt work, go to installer, download the volume boost application for your firmware, turn off the ipod and back on, and that should fix the problem!

8. macrumors newbie

Its easy!! You just need to reset all the setting on your iPhone. Go to Setting>General>Reset. Click on reset all setting without loosing data. You
    will get all sounds back. Only thing you will lose is that all the menus on your
    home screen will get rearranged and thing like time on you iPhone will get reset. You can read my story here. I have posted to other problems which I ran into while using this hardware.

http://sanjeevyworld.blogspot.com/2008/05/common-iphone-problems.html

Thanks