Lost Magic DS

Discussion in 'Games' started by Thanatoast, May 2, 2006.

1. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Ok, so I'm currently playing Lost Magic DS, which is a great game, but it's starting to frustrate me.

I don't know if I'm an idiot or what but it took me forever to defeat the Master of the Mist. But I finally got past him and moved on to the next task, which is studying with Leonard to learn the double-rune capture.

He's put me up agains the little blobby monsters, but I can't seem to catch them. I don't know if I'm drawing the runes poorly or what. First I draw the Dark Rune, which it recognizes, then I draw the Fire Rune, which it also recognizes, for the double rune. So then I get the capture zone and I click on one of the monsters in the zone and voila! Nothing.

The spell runs - the book appears and attemps to grab the monster. I've also tried knocking down their health somewhat by hitting them with the first Water Rune. Still unsuccessful. What am I doing wrong? Argh!

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Is this good? I spotted it in Game today. Looked like an MMORPG, could be the first one I buy if it is.

3. Thanatoast thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

It's not an MMORPG. It's more of an action-RPG, if that's the right phrase. Kinda like Dungeon Seige - the premise is RPG, but the plot is linear and the fighting is real-time, not turn based. So when you go up against a group of monsters, you have to choose, draw and aim your attack in the time it takes them to walk to were you are. Imagine playing Heroes of Might and Magic III battles with no turns.

The combat system is really fun, drawing the runes to do the spells, it's just that at the moment I'm drawing the runes, the spell is cast, but the results don't jive. The problem I had with the Master of the Mist was more strategic. I can already tell I'll have to play the game over again to do as well as I'd like to.