Lost my 2nd HD after freeze up

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by livio928, Jun 22, 2004.

1. livio928 macrumors newbie

Jun 22, 2004
    I had a freeze up a few days ago. I coulding even use force quit. I ended up restarting the machine by the power button. Everything started up fine, but my 2nd hard drive is not being shown and I am not sure how I can find it. I looked in the utilities folder to use disk first aid and when I run it, it doesn't show the HD either. I am running OSx 10.3.4 on a G4 400Mhz and this happened within a couple of days of me installing the update to 10.3.

Anybody have a clue on what I can do. I am pulling out my hair because of some very important info on the 2nd HD. Any help will be much appreciated.

Livio928 :confused:
  2. mymemory macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    OK, find an application called: Disc Warrior. I have it for OS9, I do not know if there is one for OSX, it should be.

Maybe what happened was that you lost the directory of the disc, the information is there but the system can not find the file that says how everything is organize. With Disc Warrior you can rebuild the disc in a few seconds.

That happened to me for a season, I had actually an exterla hard drive (IBM) which started to give me problems. The firt time I reformated everything without knowing and then a friend of mine told me and by the scond time all my files where there after rebuilding.

That is a problem of the software of the actual hard drive most of the time.