Lost my Iphone, need help in UDID

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MiniLove, May 26, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

:( My Iphone was recently stolen, and I am trying desperately to find my UDID in order to transfer my account in a game to another Iphone. I have the serial number and I went to check Apple Store for help but there is no information how to get my UDID without my Iphone.

Please help, any help will be much appreciated.

2. macrumors member

Go to:

Users -> User -> Library -> Application Support -> MobileSync -> Backup

You will see the folders with the UDID as the name.

if you have multiple UDIDs there, then you can just use the timecodes to identify it easily, or eliminate other iphones by plugging those in an checking their UDIDs.

Let me know how you get on

3. macrumors newbie

how do i find my udid??i have the serial # and a pc not a mac can u help??

4. normanbates, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

macrumors regular

Go to your user folder (the one with the documents, pics, videos etc folders in)

You will need to enable the viewing of hidden folders.

From in your user area folder go into AppData > Roaming > Apple Computer > Mobile Sync > Back Up

In the Back Up folder you will see another folder that is just a series of letters and numbers that look like this

Code:
    f9d6e714f9********************7df72f7f23
    That is your UDID (It won't have any * in it though, I've just replaced some of the characters as it is my actual UDID)

If you're having trouble finding the folder create a shortcut on your desktop with the following parameters

Code:
    C:\Users\[COLOR=RED][I][B]*User*[/B][/I][/COLOR]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
    Change *User* to whatever your username on your PC is

5. macrumors newbie