lost my iphoto library- data files?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tigercrane, Jun 29, 2006.

1. tigercrane macrumors newbie

hello all

Yesterday I downloaded the iphoto update and restarted. I then wanted to clean up some things in my PICTURES folder because there were all kinds of data files floating around. So I created a new folder and moved them all into it and labeled it data files.
    When I opened iPhoto everything was gone.
    Did I screw it up by moving those files around?
    Did the iPhoto update have something to do with it?

I have backups of everything so it's not the end of the world but would like to try and find a way to restore my library without reimporting.
    Also in the iPhoto library my pictures still seem to be in the files.

I'm so confused.

I have an iMac core duo with the latest version of iPhoto

Thanks in advance for your insight

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Google is your friend. Moving your files from the picture folder almost certainly caused the problem. Try moving them back.

3. tigercrane thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the link. And yes I've been searching and searching for an answer before my post. The link doen't help since the damage is already done.

Yes- I tried moving them back , but it didn't work.

4. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Sorry I can't try this myself, I'm at work without iPhoto, but is there no option in the file menu for importing a library of images?

Alternatively try opening iPhoto, which will presumably have nothing in the library, and then drag the folder containing your old library into the left pane. With any luck this will import your old library.