Lost my iPod :-(

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Queso, May 3, 2006.

1. Queso macrumors G4

Mar 4, 2006
    I stupidly left my iPod in the toilets at one of my clients. I had it in my hand when I left their lift, went to wash my hands before meeting them as I'd been on the Tube, then promptly left it sat there next to the sink.

By the time I realised (two hours later), it was gone. Unfortunately, they share their floor with several other companies, all of which have people coming and going, and nobody had handed it in to the building's security. So it's gone.

I am rather p**sed off with myself :mad: :( It was a silver mini, so I can't replace it with the same model. The mini is still my favourite iPod design.
  2. nbs2 macrumors 68030

Mar 31, 2004
    A geographical oddity
    Dude....that sucks. I don't know if this will help, but what time was your meeting? I just wonder if it might have been bit late that it was found and it gets turned in tomorrow.

I hope things turn out ok...good luck:eek:
  3. Queso thread starter macrumors G4

Mar 4, 2006
    Sadly the meeting finished at lunchtime :( I'll give them a call in the morning anyway, but I'm not hopeful. Thanks for the good wishes.
  4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    You have my deepest sympathies. I would be devastated if I lost my precious green 1G mini. :(

Amazon UK offers a few (rather expensive) "new" ones and one more reasonable refurbished, if you really want to replace it...
  5. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Sorry to hear about your lost iPod dynamicv. :eek:

I know if I ever lost mine/had it stolen, that I would have to sit down and have a good cry (after saying a few choice words). :(
  6. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

May 7, 2002
    2 Much Infinite Loops
    i feel your pain! the iPod mini is really something special.
  7. floriflee macrumors 68030

Dec 21, 2004
    My deepest sympathies. If I still had my blue mini I'd send it your way... :(
  8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    Aww my....everytime i have my ipod in my hand and i know i must put it down....i chat these words

Pick up ipod, pick up ipod, pick up ipod........it works;)

Sorry fella.

9. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    Dang, I hate that for you. I'm always double-checking where it is on my person, or backpack. I never put it down. I always put it in a pocket somewhere even if it's just for a minute or so.
  10. Queso thread starter macrumors G4

Mar 4, 2006
    Thanks guys, and thanks to Mitthrawnuruodo for the links, though I think I'm going to have to go get a nano. Although I would prefer to see what Apple comes out with next, I can't even imagine walking through London without my music collection.
  11. student_trap macrumors 68000

Mar 14, 2005
    'Ol Smokey, UK
    thats a real shame, maybe you could get a refurb shipped from the apple store america, its hassle i know but surely better than a nano?