Lost my iTunes mp3 icon... HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kerb, Dec 8, 2004.

1. kerb macrumors regular

Hi

I installed Peak Express as it came with my copy of Toast and Jam, but in doing so it changed all my mp3 icons to some ugly looking Peak icon. How on earth do I get my original iTunes mp3 icon back?

2. kylos macrumors 6502a

kylos

Right click on an mp3 in the Finder. Choose Get Info. In the resulting window choose the Open with tab. Change the app to iTunes, and then hit the change all button.

edit:
    or, find out where peak stores its mp3 icon file and replace it with this.

Attached Files:

3. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

peak express probably got set to the default application for opening mp3s. so select any mp3 and right click on it (control click if you have one button) and select the 'Open With. . . ' option then a list of apps (including iTunes) will pop up. select 'other. . .' then a folder with yoru application list should open. select iTunes and be sure to check the box that says "Always Open With" and it should set iTunes to the default for all of your music.

4. kerb thread starter macrumors regular

that's the problem

iTunes IS the default program!

5. kerb thread starter macrumors regular

i change it to quicktime and fine, quicktime looking icon
    change back to iTunes and Peak icon
    look in the iTunes package, and the mp3 icon is the right one

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Sounds like the Mac OS icon database got messed up. To fix it, open System Preferences, click Classic (ignore any messages you get about Classic not being able to start because Mac OS 9 wasn't found or more than one System Folder is available and you haven't selected one), click Advanced, then click Rebuild Desktop. Select all volumes in the dialog box that appears then click Rebuild. Once it finishes, you'll need to log out and back in OR force-quit the Finder for the change to take effect.