Lost My Pw

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by aethier, Mar 7, 2003.

1. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

Umm..ok i have Airport extreme, but i lost my password. so i am unable to use it. I called apple and what they said to do did not work. i was wandering if any of you had or know ways to retrieve lost passwords. i know it is highly unlikely, but any tips would be much apreciated.;)

aethier

2. cubist macrumors 68020

You mean on the hub? I got a used hub and had to reset the password. There was a procedure in the documentation. I don't remember what it was; there is a pinhole reset button on the bottom of the unit. It might have been something like hold the reset for 5 seconds. Check your documentation and follow the procedure very carefully, it does work.

And once you've reset the password, write the password on a sticker and put the sticker on the unit.

3. aaaeth macrumors newbie

Same problem

I tried to reset the airport extreme for about 5 seconds. I was advised by apple people to include the word "public" in the password box and the config box for the airport would then open. It did not work.

Any ideas?

4. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

Did you unplug the power from the unit when you did it? Try doing that and then the reset.

5. aethier thread starter macrumors 6502a

aethier

Thanks people who gave thier advise. i will try it and tell you how it goes..

aethier