Lost my reciept!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacFan782040, Nov 2, 2005.

1. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

Ok, well this officially sucks. I purchaced a 20" iMac back in September, which was part of the Student Union Promotion, in which you got a free iPod mini. So anyway, I procrastinated and when I went to fillout the rebate form, I was looking for the sheet of paper that came when it was shipped (I got it from the online Apple Store), and I can't find it anywhere. I have both UPC's cutout from the boxes and stuff, and all that, I just cannot find the reciept that shows that I purchaced an iMac and iPod at the same time on the same reciept. I also registered my iMac online.

I'm sure this is still in Apple's records... Do you think if I call them, maybe they can help me out? I need this $179 rebate :(

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Yes, contact Apple either through email or phone and once things check out they will email you w/ a copy of your invoice.

I never got the original emailed invoice so I had to phone in myself.

3. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

Well you better hurry up. You have to send it in within 45 days after the purchase date as seen on the below pdf.

http://images.apple.com/promo/pdf/Studentunion.pdf

Assuming you got it near the end of September, that only leaves you about 1 week to send it in.

4. xyouxfailmiex macrumors member

xyouxfailmiex

they can look it up by the serial number at the store...or if you bought it on credit/debit they can look it up with that number

5. MacFan782040 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

Alright yeah. Everythigns good...I called them and they emailed me the invoice. And yea, I'm a big time procrastinator, and I have to post mark it by Friday (I ordered Sept. 21)...I think thats 45 days.