Lost OS X discs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AnthonyKinyon, Sep 27, 2006.

1. AnthonyKinyon macrumors regular

I know this sounds horrible... and it is. When I was not home, my wife did some cleaning and low and behold.. my Mac OS X Tiger discs are gone - as in lost - for BOTH the PowerPC and the Intel based Macs that I have (one of each). I have 1 Intel Mac Mini and 1 PowerPC Mac Mini. I've searched high and low and she has no idea where she might have moved them. This is a Mac users second worst nightmare (next to being stuck in Windows forever - just kiddding)

I looked on support.apple.com but didn't see an article on how to obtain replacement discs, and the cost, etc.

This is a rather embarrassing one as I *never* lose OS discs... but what can I say? (Rhetorical question :D )

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Contact Apple and see if they'll send you some discs for a nominal shipping fee. Otherwise you'll have to re-buy them.

3. AnthonyKinyon thread starter macrumors regular

Well the nice thing is, there is nothing wrong with the current installs. :) So it isn't an urgent need. But, still, it would feel better to have them. I guess I can just wait til Leopard comes out and get that - but if the fee is truly nominal then why not (get Tiger again until Leopard comes out) ? :) Thanks.

Nice. :) Not quite goin that far over a few lost discs but trust me, I was less than thrilled to discover them missing. Hopefully, they will just turn up.

4. diametric macrumors regular

diametric

Didn't your mac come with Mac OS X 10.4 and iLife '06 coupons, several of them? My MacBook did.