Lost OS X To BootCamp!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lee.anderson, Feb 3, 2007.

1. lee.anderson macrumors regular

lee.anderson

Hi and help!
    I bought Winblows Vista so i could dual boot OS X and Vista. When i was partioning my HD with Bootcamp, i got an error message saying "Your Disk could not be partioned because some file could not be moved". I RESOLVED that by deleting some big files. After Bootcamp partioned it, I pressed Start Installation, It started to shut down.

This is where the problems started.

It started to shut down, but i got a Kernal Panic before it was properly shut down. So i held the Power Button in and done a hard reboot. It continued as BootCamp would, it loaded the files off my instalation disk for Vista. After I set vista up, i decided to go back to OS X, so i shut down Windows and held ALT at the chime and picked OS X.
    When the apple came up on screen, i had another Kernal Panic, so i hard re-booted and it done it again!

So i inserted my OS X Installation Disk, and held "C" and the apple came up, i could here the CD being read, but a Kernel Panic came again.

I Don't know what to do, i cant get into OS X, or use my instalation disk, i tried resetting the PRAM, nothing has worked. Now im stuck in Vista!

Please Can Some One Help Me?

2. AnyKey macrumors member

Any chance you can disconnect the internal HD and try installing OSX on an external firewire HD? Just as a temporary solution so that you can take a look at the files on your internal vista drive if you need anything on there? Also, did you format as FAT or NTFS when you installed Vista? Mac OS can see FAT formatted drives.