lost picture files...help?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by falnfenix, Feb 8, 2006.

1. falnfenix macrumors newbie

Hello! newb here...with a bit of a puzzle.

an associate of mine has an iPod photo, and is using iTunes to transfer data from her Dell workstation to her iPod. she was attempting to transfer photos through iTunes, but didn't have enough hard drive space left, and somehow she managed to lose the pictures in the transfer. there's nothing on the iPod whatsoever, and there are huge files remaining on her Dell that we're pretty sure are the pictures. i haven't seen them myself, but she said they were ithumb files?

we'd like to convert those files back to .gif/.jpg, if possible. is this something that's reasonable, or should i tell my associate that her data has essentially been lost?

2. croshtique macrumors 6502

I know there's a program for OS X called "File Juicer" that will convert .ithmb files to TIFF, but I'm not aware of one for Windows.

3. falnfenix thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm...well, that's a starting point. maybe there's one similar for windows... thanks!

i'm still hoping a windows person can give some insight...

4. mannix87 macrumors 6502

what didnt have enough space left -- the iPhoto or the PC?

5. falnfenix thread starter macrumors newbie

the iPod itself had no space left(based on what she was able to tell me...). it sounds odd to me that the transfer process would leave her in this situation...what would cause this issue?