Lost printer drivers... very urgent!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Canerican, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Canerican macrumors regular

Hi, as the title says I lost my drivers, and I have a document that I must print by 12:00, I tried getting the driver from HP, but when I try to print, it just prints little icons and wingdings... So how can I re-install the drivers?

Thanks,

Jeff

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Download it from HP... I don't know why it wouldn't be working. What program are you trying to print from? Try saving your document as rich text and printing it from TextEdit.

3. Canerican thread starter macrumors regular

I'm trying to print from Safari... However, when the picture of my printer pops up in the Dock, its not my printer (C3180) rather its a picture of the C3100... there is not driver specifically for the C3180, so you must use the C3100 driver... I printed from another workstation... but this still needs to be resolved...

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Try reinstalling your printer from the OS X disk.

5. Canerican thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for the dumb question, but, how?

6. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Why don't you give us some more specifics... like what site and what version of OS X.

Something else to try is to delete your printer from the printer setup utility and then readd it. Try manually selecting the printer driver from the list, or use GIMP print. You can download the OS X version from SourceForge.

7. Canerican thread starter macrumors regular

The site was my school's website... it is a secure site, so I can't really tell you much... I am using OS 10.4.8...

I can't find my printer in the printer setup... I deleted the driver and it won't reinstall. Is there a way to restore drivers from the OS X install disc?

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I thought I might not have given you enough info when I posted. If you are still using the OS that came with your Mac insert Disc 1, otherwise insert the OS Disk and choose a custom install just to reinstall the printer drivers, if you can't find it (and can't find any other options) you could do an Archive and Install of the OS (again with the backup disk), this won't stop your applications/documents working but is like using a hammer to squash an ant.

Sorry I can't find exactly what you need to do, as my restore disks aren't to hand.

9. Canerican thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks alot! I'll try that once I get home from work!